I realized tonight that I’ve been seriously slacking on my ‘Things I Learned This Week’ posts, while simultaneously realizing that I learned a lot this week, so here we go:
1. Timing is everything. Timing matters is everything you do in life whether it be relationships, searching for jobs, whatever. If the timing isn’t right, it won’t happen for you. Don’t let this be discouraging.
2. Disorganization kills me. Both of the classes I’m taking this quarter are disorganized in their own way. I’m a huge fan of having a schedule for the quarter and following it. This way I always know what readings to do for the week and when assignments are due. I don’t do well when I don’t have this.
3. I need eight hours of sleep or I can’t function. The last few weeks I’ve been staying up three or four hours later than usual (OK, let’s be real I usually go to bed around 10:30-11, hence my grandma nickname from my friends). Anyway, functioning everyday has been quite a challenge. Time to go back to the days of going to bed early.
4. I either give everything or nothing. I don’t do things halfheartedly. If I’m interested in something I go all in or it’s obvious that I’m not interested, there’s really no in between with me. This can be a good thing sometimes, but can also be detrimental because when it comes to being like this in relationships, it’s very easy to get hurt.
5. The Hunger Games + Friday Night Lights = addicting. I discovered both in the last few weeks. I finished all three Hunger Games books in a week and am already into season two of FNL. Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can’t lose.
6. Less class = more time to read. Oh, how I’ve missed having time to read books I want to read, just because I can. I have to say, that’s one of the best things about having only two classes this quarter.
As you can see, it’s been an interesting week for me. What did you learn this week??