Tonight, I decided to try making a twist on a BBQ Chicken quesadilla recipe that I saw on Pinterest the other day, but I wanted to make a semi-healthier version so I tried it tonight.
It turned out to be delicious! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Whole wheat tortillas (mine were 80 calories per tortilla)
- Chicken breast (I like Perdue individually packaged chicken breasts)
- Diced Green pepper
- Diced onion
- Whatever kind of cheese you want (I used leftover Kraft Mexican cheese, but white cheese would have been healthier)
- BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s, although there are probably healthier options
What to do:
- Coat a frying pan with cooking spray, thaw chicken and cook in pan for about three-four minutes on each side. (I added a bit of fiesta lime seasoning for taste).
- While chicken is cooking spread 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on tortilla.
- Cover the tortilla in a thin layer of cheese.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Once chicken is cooked, add it to the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over, add to frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
PS- If you have or use the MyFitnessPal app, I log all my meals there my username is annelw! Friend me!