As college women, our lifestyle is crazy. We stay up late on week nights studying and on weekends hanging out with our friends. Our schedules are different almost every day, and oftentimes leave us falling into bed late at night and getting up early the next morning – it’s hectic. Lifestyles like ours are unique, and can often leave us skimping on our beauty routine.
There are a few things I’ve learned I should never skip, and I’ve shared them below:
1. Get enough sleep! Many people think that sleep has nothing to do with your beauty routine, but it definitely is. A lot of the time, dark circles and swollen eyes are caused from a lack of sleep. Eight hours of sleep a night is crucial!
2. Floss! Brushing your teeth is simply not enough. They make great individual flossers that are way easier to use than regular floss. Your teeth will thank you!
3. Take your makeup off. I know it can be a hassle when all you want to do is go to bed, but by taking your makeup off, your skin will be able to breathe all night, and you’re less likely to get blackheads or zits. Plus, you’ll feel better when you wake up the next morning.
4. Use heat protector when drying and styling hair. If you’re like me, you dry and straighten or curl your hair almost every day. If you do it without using a heat protector of some kind (I like Tresemee’s version as well as Pantene’s.) then your ends will begin to split and look fried, and your hair will break off. Trust me, healthy hair is much better.
These are the steps in my routine I never skip, now here are some tricks I swear by:
- Use Noxzema for brighter skin. I lather it on my face for approximately 20 minutes each night, and my skin stays bright.
- Combine baking soda and water for blemish control. I use this as a spot treatment, and it works great.
What are your best tips and tricks?