If you know me at all, you know I love to hate carbs. (For the record here, I am NOT saying carbs are the enemy.) I’m just always looking for ways to still enjoy my favorite foods, but with a healthier twist.
Case in point: pancakes and/or waffles. I set out to find a healthier version and wanted to share my recipe here.
- Start by gathering your ingredients. I used:
- 1 scoop Vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tbsp. Almond Milk (Can use coconut milk or whatever your favorite type of milk is!)
- 1/4 c. Nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Egg white
- Bonus/non pictured: pinch of cinnamon
2. Add the oats to your ninja (or other blender) so it becomes fine (like flour – though it won’t be quite that fine). Also turn on your griddle so it can get hot as you mix and add some Pam so your pancakes don’t become a stuck-on mess.
3. Mix all dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, protein powder + cinnamon) together in a mixing bowl.
4. Add in wet ingredients (egg, greek yogurt, milk).
5. Once griddle is hot enough. Spoon out your batter onto the pre-heated griddle. Flip once cooked on the bottom side.
Note: this recipe made two large cakes and is approximately 256 calories.