Yep, it’s official. I’m one of those weirdos who likes green juice. Along with hot water with lemon, I recently incorporated drinking a freshly made green juice into my morning routine. (I drink a mug of hot water with fresh squeezed lemon in it every morning before I put anything else in my body.)
I’ve been following my mug of lemon water with a green juice recipe that I’ve perfected. I feel like this really gives my metabolism a boost:
- 1/2 of a cucumber (peeled)
- 2 stalks of celery (I cut the leafy part off)
- 1 apple (peeled)
- 1 generous handful of spinach
- 1 generous handful of kale
- 1/2 of one lemon (I get most of the peel off)
- 1 thumb of ginger (ginger is super potent, so its all you need)
I generally prep all my ingredients before bed and store them together in a gallon ziplock bag to save time in the mornings.
I use this juicer which was a gift from our wedding (thanks Helen and Zack!). It’s great because it’s dishwasher safe, and you’ll definitely need to wash the metal filter because it easily gets gunked up with veggies!
Do you juice? What are your recipes, I LOVE trying new things!