It’s officially the weekend, and it’s time to get cookin’! I know most of the time, foods that require certain amount of prep (that I can’t just throw in a crock pot and let cook while I’m at work) are reserved for weekends. I made these yummy sweet potato fries today, and I highly recommend them.
I LOVE making my favorite recipes with a healthier twist, and the best part about these fries is that they’re baked and not fried, so they’re a healthier version:
- Cut up desired amount of sweet potatoes (I did one potato for myself here, you’ll definitely want more if you’re serving more than one person.)
- Soak your cut-up fries in water for at least 45 minutes. (This removes starch from the potatoes and allows them to crisp better in the oven.)
3. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
4. After soaking, dry your potatoes. I just dried them with paper towels.
5. Drizzle ~1 tablespoon of olive oil on the fries and toss them. Be careful not to overcoat them! One tablespoon will absolutely do.
6. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and spread your fries evenly. Don’t salt or season before baking, as this will make it more difficult for them to crisp up!
7. Bake for 20 minutes on an upper rack.
8. Turn over after 20 minutes and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
9. Once done cooking, turn the oven off and leave your sweet potato fries in the oven while it cools for approximately 20 minutes. (Again, for more crispiness!)
10. Enjoy immediately! My favorite seasoning for these is a mustard/light mayo mixture + truffle salt. (Pictured above.) You can literally never go wrong with truffle salt.
Enjoy and happy Saturday!